As a part of the onboarding process, we conduct reference checks for all new Chime sitters. Hearing from other families about your professional experience makes your profile stronger, and gives us a chance to get to know you better! If you haven’t already, submit at least two references with email and phone contact information that:
- Are not related to you
- Have hired you for child care work
- Is not a child you have babysat
Before submitting anyone’s contact information, we highly suggest contacting them directly first to ask if you can list them as a reference. Not only is asking permission more professional, but A it will also prepare them to look for our questions and speed up their response time. That means you’ll be up and running as a Chime sitter even sooner!
Sometimes it takes a while for your references to respond. You can log into your profile to see who has responded and who hasn’t. It never hurts to give them an extra reminder!
Banking Account Information
We want to pay you! Setting up your bank account is how we’ll be able to directly deposit all your earnings.
Enter your checking account number and routing number into the banking info section of your Chime profile setup. Depending on your bank, you can find these numbers on your statement, in your online account, or by calling a bank representative. If you have a checkbook, you can find both numbers there:
To verify that everything is correct, our payment partner, Braintree, will deposit $1 and remove $1 from your account. This will ensure that everything is working properly!
Make your Chime profile stand out and learn more about how to take a great photo with these profile photo guidelines for sitters.
Your profile video is your best opportunity to make a fantastic first impression. Your profile video helps you stand out to families, and helps showcase your personality, experience and passion for child care.
- Get Ready - Sitters who are well-dressed and record in a quiet, private, well-lit room are booked more often.
- Keep It Professional - While we appreciate art, we ask that you refrain from adding image-altering filters to your photo.
- Practice - Run through your 30-second video aloud a few times so you can speak directly towards the camera! Remember not to use your last name or address.
- Record - Either a phone or computer will work, but don’t hold your phone like a selfie.
- Upload - Select your video and upload!
Hi families! My name's [Laura] and I'm from [Rhode Island]. I have [ten] years' experience working as a [babysitter] and I'm also an [art teacher and student of Stonehill College]. I'm comfortable working with children ages [6 months and up]. Some of my favorite sitting activities include [making scavenger hunts, drawing cartoons and playing sports]. I'm excited to do all of this and more with your family!
Create Your Sittercity Account
To become a Chime sitter, you’re required to complete a free background check. Once you’ve completed your Chime profile, we’ll send you a free one! In order to do so, you’ll need to create a Sittercity account. To ensure a smooth process, keep these things in mind:
- Use the same email with which you applied to Chime
- Use your legal permanent address (i.e. the one listed on your driver's license)