We understand that landing your first few bookings can be difficult—or maybe you’re in a dry spell. Here are a few insider tips to increase your chances of getting booked.
- Increase your service area: Your service area tells us where you’d like to babysit, and we only match you with families in your chosen zone. The larger your service area, the more families will see you on the Chime platform.
- Update your availability: Making sure your calendar is up-to-date is the easiest way to get more bookings. In fact, our top 10% of sitters update their availability every day. Here are a few key tricks:
- Update your availability a week or two ahead of time, as many families book in advance
- Check your timing. If you’ve only made yourself available until 9pm, you won’t show up for families who are making a booking until 9:30pm or 10pm
- Friday and Saturday night are our busiest nights, and make up 50% of all sittings So if you’re available, let us know!
- Picture perfect profile: Make sure your profile stands out from the rest, in a good way! We suggest a professional profile picture (like you might use on LinkedIn). And double-check that your video has good lighting and volume as well. Your profile is the first thing a family sees when they’re deciding whether or not to book you.
- Respond to additional job opportunities: Although most of your bookings take place automatically based on your calendar, you might receive a Chime job alert text from time to time. Those happen when families are searching for a sitter on a day and time when we don’t have anyone available. If you’re interested, reply! They’re typically booked on a first come, first serve basis. This is a great way to start a new relationship with a family.
- Double check your profile: Do you want to update your advance notice time? Need to adjust the age range of children you are willing to babysit? Or simply need to add some experience to your profile? Let us know and we can help you with updates .