Boston, NYC and NJ sitters may set their own hourly rate.
How do I set my own hourly rates?
- You can submit new hourly rates at any time via our rate update form
- In Boston, if you choose not to update your hourly rate, it will default to $16/hr.
- In NYC & NJ, if you were already a Chime sitter on or before 8/21/2018, your rate will remain at $22/hr. If you joined Chime after that date, your rate will default to $18/hr.
What should my rate be?
Often times, it can be hard for a new sitter to get booked at the standard rate. Sitters with many reviews on their profile may want to charge more. Here’s some guidelines for setting your rate:
- If you’ve only worked with a few families, we recommend lowering your rate to help get some extra sittings on your profile. We recommend $15/hr for new sitters in Boston and $17/hr in NYC/NJ.
- If you’ve been doing lots of Chime sittings and have many 5-star reviews, try setting a rate of $16-17/hr in Boston or $18-19/hr in NYC/NJ.
- Have you done too many sittings to count? Our top sitters, who have 100+ Chime sittings on their profile, are great candidates for $18+ in Boston or $20+ in NYC/NJ.
How do I change my hourly rate?
Boston and NYC/NJ sitters can submit adjustments to their hourly rate by filling out this form. This will determine what rates parents see when booking you. Updates will go into effect every Monday. Please set your rate in increments of 50 cents (i.e. $XX.50 or $XX.00, not $XX.85). Following rate adjustments must be submitted by Sunday each week in order to take effect on Monday. If you do not request an adjustment, your current hourly rate will remain.
All sittings are still subject to the typical Chime fee percentage, and as usual, you keep 100% of your tips!
- Adjusting your service area will reset your hourly rate to $16 (Boston) and $18 (NYC/NJ), so if you would like to adjust your service area and keep your new rate, we ask that you contact our Customer Success team to request a rate update before making service area adjustments. This way we can be sure to keep your requested rate following your service area update!
- All additional job opportunities will quote the base rate of your city. However, if parents book you for the request, you will get paid the amount of your indicated set rate.