- Introductions: When you’re booked, reaching out to the family is a must. An introductory phone call or email goes a long way—and it sets the stage for how awesome you are!
- Tardiness: Being on time means everything. It’s an opportunity to make or break a first impression. Arriving just 5-10 minutes late can be a big deal—many parents have a dinner reservation to get to!
- Cancellations: Most Chime sitters do not cancel. Canceling (even once) is a surefire way to hurt your standing in the program and lower your Reliability Rating. Sitters with no cancellations are promoted the most. Read more about our Sitter Attendance Expectations.
- Star rating: We ask families to rate you after each sitting, so reach for the stars (5 of them, ideally)! If you do not maintain a strong star rating, you may be eligible for deactivation. Read more about our Sitter Quality Expectations.
- Communication preferences: Sitters will receive communication from Chime via email and text messages. Email and texts are mandatory for all Chime sitters; sitter must be able to receive emails and texts at all times.
- Rating families: Any ratings/comments about families are only seen by the Chime team. They help us form the best matches possible!
- No cash: Chime is 100% cashless. From the hourly rate to an optional gratuity (parents have 24 hours to adjust), every family has a credit card stored in their Chime account.
- Same-day parent cancellations: If a parent cancels on the same day you’re booked (and you’re not booked by someone else), we’ll provide a $25 payment to make up for the last-minute cancellation.
- Last minute cash bonus: Sometimes families need last-minute care for bookings that were previously cancelled by a sitter. If this happens, we will send an additional job opportunity which you can decline or accept. Booking opportunities that are eligible for this bonus will state "This booking is for today/tonight, so there is a $25 Bonus!"