Here are a few reasons why a payment might be declined:
- There may have been an issue with a previous payment not being processed.
- Your credit/debit card has expired and needs to be updated in your account settings.
- Your card may have been flagged for fraud and you will need to reach out to your bank or card company to resolve the issue.
- Your credit/debit card is International - only national AMEX, Visa, Mastercard, and Discover cards are acceptable forms of payment on Chime.
- There maybe a problem with a previous purchase. Please log into your account and check your Payments tab to verify if you have a failed payment that is outstanding.
- You have reported your card lost or stolen.
- Your debit/credit card was entered incorrectly on your Chime account.
Keep in mind that your bank or card company may have more information regarding the decline.
How can I resolve a payment decline or error?
- Log into your Chime account, go to Settings and Add Credit Card.
- Check to see that the name on your card and address information matches your Chime account information.
- Check if you have enough funds in your account.
- If you have credit from Chime, please make sure to check that the credit covered the whole sitting cost.
Once you update your information, the system will automatically retry the payment.